1.2. This policy applies to all visitors to our website and customers who have subscribed to the services we offer (“you” and “your”).
2. Purpose of this policy
We respect your privacy and take the protection of personal information very seriously. The purpose of this policy is to describe the way we collect, store, use, and protect information that can be associated with a specific natural or juristic person and can be used to identify that person (“personal information”).
· Certain information collected on registration (see below); and
· Optional information that you voluntarily provide to us (see below).
· Information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific person;
· Permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to you specifically; and
· Non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us and information that you have provided voluntarily in an open, public environment or forum including (without limitation) any blog, chat room, community, classifieds or discussion board. Because the information has been disclosed in a public forum, it is no longer confidential and does not constitute personal information subject to protection under this policy.
3. Acceptance of terms
3.1. You must accept all the terms of this policy when you register for any of our services. If you do not agree with anything in this policy, then you may not register for and use any of the services. You may not access our website or use our services if you are younger than 18 years old or do not have legal capacity to conclude legally binding contracts. By accepting this policy, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all its terms.
4.1. We may change the terms of this policy at any time. We will notify you of any changes by placing a notice in a prominent place on the website or by email. If you do not agree with the changes, you must stop using the services. If you continue to use the services following notification of a change to the terms, the changed terms will apply to you, and you will be deemed to have accepted such terms.
5.1. On registration: Once you register on our website, you will no longer be anonymous to us as you will provide us with personal information. This personal information will include your first name, last name, email address, password, phone number, company name, and date of birth.
5.2. Collection on use: In order to provide the services to you, you will be asked to provide us with additional information on a voluntary basis (“service information”).
5.3. Optional details: You may also provide additional information on a voluntary basis. This includes content or products that you decide to upload or download from our website or when you enter competitions, take advantage of promotions, respond to surveys, register, and subscribe for certain additional services, or otherwise use the optional features and functionality of the website.
5.6 Web beacons: Our website may contain electronic image requests (called a “single-pixel gif” or “web beacon” request) that allow us to count page views and to access cookies. Any electronic image viewed as part of a web page (including an ad banner) can act as a web beacon. Our web beacons do not collect, gather, monitor, or share any of your personal information. We merely use them to compile anonymous information about our website.
5.7. Recording calls: We will monitor and record telephone calls that you make to our call centre unless you specifically request us not to.
5.8. Purpose for collection: We may use any service information and optional information provided by you for such purposes as indicated to you at the time you agree to provide such service information or optional information. We may use your usage information for the purposes described above and to:
· Remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the website;
· Monitor website usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed; and
· Track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities in connection with your usage of the website.
6. Consent to collection
6.1. We will obtain your consent to collect personal information:
· In accordance with applicable law; and
· At the time you provide us with any registration information or optional information.
7.1. Messages and updates: We may send administrative messages and email updates to you regarding the website. In some cases, we may also send you primarily promotional messages. You can choose to opt-out of promotional messages.
7.2. Targeted content: While you are logged into the website, we may display targeted adverts and other relevant information based on the personal information. In a completely automated process, computers process the personal information and match it to adverts or related information. We never share personal information with any advertiser unless you specifically provide us with your consent to do so. Advertisers receive a record of the total number of impressions and clicks for each advert. They do not receive any personal information. If you click on an advert, we may send a referring URL to the advertiser’s website identifying that a customer is visiting from the website. We do not send personal information to advertisers with the referring URL. Once you are on the advertiser’s website however, the advertiser is able to collect your personal information.
8.1. Sharing: We may share your personal information with:
· Other divisions or companies within the group of companies to which we belong, being Crane Laser Creations so as to provide joint content and services like registration, for transactions and customer support, to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services and communications. They will only use this information to send you marketing communications if you have requested their services;
· Our service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations (including fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, technology services). Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit;
· Credit bureaus to report account information, as permitted by law; and
· Banking partners as required by credit card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants (in the event that you utilise the services to receive payments and you meet their criteria).
8.2. Regulators: If you contact us regarding your experience with using any of our products, we may disclose your personal information as required by law or governmental audit.
8.3. Law enforcement: We may disclose personal information if required:
· By a subpoena or court order;
· To comply with any law;
· To protect the safety of any individual or the general public; and
· To prevent violation of our service terms.
8.5. Marketing purposes: We may disclose aggregate statistics (information about the customer population in general terms) about the personal information to advertisers or business partners.
8.6. Employees: We may need to disclose personal information to our employees that require the personal information to do their jobs.
8.7. Change of ownership: If we undergo a change in ownership, or a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to, another entity, we may assign our rights to the personal information we process to a successor, purchaser, or separate entity. We will disclose the transfer on the website. If you are concerned about your personal information migrating to a new owner, you may request us to delete your personal information.
9. Security of personal information
9.1. We protect your information in the manner specified in our security policy. Our hosting company will host our website in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. We authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities.
10. Accurate and up to date
10.1. We will try to keep the personal information we collect as accurate, complete, and up to date as is necessary for the purposes explicitly defined in this policy. From time to time we will request you to update your personal information on the website. You are able to review or update any personal information that we hold on you by accessing your account online, by emailing us, or by phoning us. Please note that in order to better protect you and safeguard your personal information, we take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your account or making any corrections to your personal information.
11. Retention of personal information
11.1. We will only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes explicitly set out in this policy, unless:
· Retention of the record is required or authorised by law; or
· You have consented to the retention of the record.
During the period of retention, we will continue to abide by our non-disclosure obligations and will not share or sell your personal information.
12. Transfer of personal information outside South Africa
12.1. We may transmit or transfer personal information outside South Africa to a foreign country. Personal information may be stored on servers located outside South Africa in a foreign country whose laws protecting personal information may not be as stringent as the laws in South Africa. You consent to us processing your personal information in a foreign country whose laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent.
13. Updating or removing
13.1. You may choose to correct or update the personal information you have submitted to us, by accessing your profile from the dashboard.
14.1. We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third-party websites.